Fflamingo is a new cross-genre performance inclusive company specialising in creating, producing and supporting queer work made in Wales and internationally.
Our mission is to develop and promote queer voices in Wales by producing work that challenges and engages audiences. Fflamingo also conducts workshops and trainings related to queer performance. Fflamingo not only develops and produces our own works, but seeks to form partnerships and working opportunities with LGBTQ+, global majority and disabled communities.
The communities we work with are largely underrepresented communities who historically have difficulty getting their voices heard. We work with these communities to develop and build skills in the arts which in turn builds confidence and a greater sense of belonging and being listened to. We also provide opportunities for these voices to be heard in various events and productions. Our work will also challenge other people’s perceptions and understanding of the people in the communities we work with.
- Creating, producing and promoting queer performance in Wales and beyond.
- Establishing strong partnerships with Queer identifying artists and LGBTQ+, global majority and disabled communities.
- Working with underrepresented communities to get their voices and stories heard.
- Providing opportunities for artists to develop and grow in their work.
- To be recognised as a strong Queer voice for Wales in the arts.